Thursday, January 6, 2011

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo--- to the end.

The last few hundred pages of The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo by Steig Larsson brought a much welcomed new intensity and excitement to the book. Although the book had its slow spots, the very end of the book had the reader on the edge of their seat. Although I enjoyed the surprise of finding out that Martin Vanger was the serial killer and rapist, I was slightly annoyed about the lack of foreshadowing up to the event in Martin’s basement. I realize the book is intended to be a thriller, rather than a mystery, but it would have been far more satisfying to be just slightly suspicious of Martin Vanger. I did, however, appreciate the surprise of Harriet being alive. I look forward to discover the interactions between Berger, Harriet and Salander in books to come. The three women seem to be polar opposites, but all seem to have unique relationships and feelings about one another. I can’t wait to read the rest of the series to see how this progression plays out.

No comments:

Post a Comment